>> Register now for the December 14-16, 2021 Impact Summit to meet the top teams from the 2021 International Climate Action Challenge! <<
Challenger Profile at a Glance
Meet Climate Change Theatre Action Denver, 2021 International Climate Action Challenge Honorable Mention award-winners!
- #70 – Climate Change Theatre Action
- Location: Denver
- Registered Challengers: Meagan Holdeman, Drew Bradley, Leif Townsend
- 90-Day Challenge Period: September 1 – November 30, 2021
- Produced A Future We Create as part of Climate Change Theatre Action, a global theatre festival.
- Hosted live event: December 6, 2021 at Littleton Town Hall Arts Center with 100 attendees.
- Hosted streaming event: through December 18, 2021.
- Built momentum to establish a chapter of the Broadway Green Alliance in Denver in 2022.
Recruited 10 performers and 9 volunteers.
A Future We Create is an evening of performances meant to inspire theatre makers and lovers to take action on climate change in their lives and in the industry. This event is part of a global theatre festival called Climate Change Theatre Action, with performances occurring all over the world.
The community follow-up to A Future We Create will occur in early 2022 and will be co-facilitated by the Colorado Theatre Guild. Community gatherings (in-person and remotely) for theatre makers throughout the state to create action plans and regional chapters of Green Alliances for sustainability in theatre making. Topics include sharing existing supplies and labor to redirect budget resources, green actions during pre/during/ post-production and with audiences, and collaborative focus for producers, directors, designers, production teams, performers, non and for-profit organizations, and educational institutions.
The performance includes short plays by Nicolar Billon, Thomas Peterson, Aleya Kassam, Mark Rigney, Camila Le-Bert, Nathan Ellis, and Jessica Huang; as well as songs by Rising Appalachia, Lula Wiles, and an original song created for this event by Denise Gentilini.
More details: Two passions, one purpose: The intersection of sustainability and theatre, Interview with Meagan Holdeman, DCPA News, November 10, 2021
- Email: Megan Holdeman, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign up for more information via this form
- View A Future We Create, a collection of theatrical performances about climate change meant to inspire theatre makers and lovers to take action on climate change in their lives and in the industry.
Donate to the Denver Actors Fund (an organization that provides medical aid to theatre makers in Colorado)! For donations, scroll down and donate to CCTA2021 via this link.
About the 2021 International Climate Action Challenge
Green Team Academy empowers everyday people to #BeTheChange. We host the annual challenge to help regular people take and idea and go from passion to action in 90 days. Together our teams plant tens of thousands of trees, remove tons of trash from our rivers, and work with youth, women, and communities around the world.