>> Register now for the December 14-16, 2021 Impact Summit to meet the top teams from the 2021 International Climate Action Challenge! <<
Challenger Profile at a Glance
Meet Creative Initiative for Enterprise Development, 2021 International Climate Action Challenge Eco-Champion award-winners!
- #53 – Creative Initiative for Enterprise Development
- Registered Challengers: Ann Grace Akiteng, John Osidi, Beatrice Idimu
- Location: Uganda
- 90-Day Challenge Period: September 1 – November 30, 2021
I’m called Ann Grace Akiteng, team leader of group 53 from Uganda, promoting regenerative agriculture. We work with the farmer groups and we train them how to raise seedlings for tree growing. We also train them on backyard gardening so that they can grow vegetables. So far, we have raised to establish close to 20 hectares of trees grown in farmers’ gardens.
And we have also managed to train three groups on backyard gardening. And that has helped a lot with the nutrition and also income. So the communities no longer depend so much on cutting trees for burning charcoal so that they can raise income. And they have access to fresh vegetables which they use for food and also for income.
During the 90-day challenge, the CIFED team:
- Organized four planting days in October.
- Established a school orchard with orange and tangerine trees.
- Planted a total of 2,330 trees planted in villages and schools in Eastern Region, Uganda.
- Trained three groups on backyard gardening.
The trees included:
- 180 tamarind
- 150 shea nut
- 1700 Pine
- 200 caliandra
- 50 orange
- 50 tangerine
- Facebook: @Creative Initiative for Enterprise Development
- Instagram: @cifeduganda
- Twitter: @cifedug
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +256 772891830/772416435
About the 2021 International Climate Action Challenge
Green Team Academy empowers everyday people to #BeTheChange. We host the annual challenge to help regular people take and idea and go from passion to action in 90 days. Together our teams plant tens of thousands of trees, remove tons of trash from our rivers, and work with youth, women, and communities around the world.