>> Register now for the December 14-16, 2021 Impact Summit to meet the top teams from the 2021 International Climate Action Challenge! <<
Challenger Profile at a Glance
Meet Friends of Nature – Uganda, 2021 International Climate Action Challenge Honorable Mention award-winners!
- #7 – Friends of Nature
- Registered Challengers: Debrah Kemigisa, Stellah Hope, Ritah Katushabe, Douglous Seekacwa, Elisa Namara
- Location: Uganda
- Registered Challengers:
- 90-Day Challenge Period: September 1 – November 30, 2021
Hello, I am Debrah Kemigisha from Friends of Nature – Uganda. We focus on reusing kitchen waste by making briquettes for cooking, teaching people how to make use of it and also home gardening to improve people’s diet. Moreso creating a database of Environmental Groups in Uganda to keep the fire burning.
The rate at which the climate is changing nowadays is so alarming. Remember whatever is created by human beings can also be ended by human beings.
The humans who deplete the environment can also be the same people who can preserve, protect and give back to nature.
Let’s be part of the solution, not the problem. Let’s take care of nature to give it a chance to correct the climate.
Therefore we invite all the people around the globe to join us in the impact summit from 14th – 16th December 2021. Go green.
During the 90-day challenge, Friends of Nature:
- Formed a new team and set up social media.
- Started a garden to provide opportunities for youth to learn gardening.
- Diverted food waste into composting.
- Identified the need for and decided to start a database of existing environmental and other organizations. that can collaborate to work more effectively.
About the 2021 International Climate Action Challenge
Green Team Academy empowers everyday people to #BeTheChange. We host the annual challenge to help regular people take and idea and go from passion to action in 90 days. Together our teams plant tens of thousands of trees, remove tons of trash from our rivers, and work with youth, women, and communities around the world.