Challenger Profile at a Glance
Meet the Agrivision team from the Democratic Republic of Congo. Find out how they are making a difference by starting a market garden initiative as part of the 2020 International Climate Action Challenge!
- #70 – Agrivision
- 90-Day Challenge Goal: Help train 100 people to grow food in their communities
- Location: Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC)
- Registered Challenger: Luwabar Kuma Kuma
- 90-Day Challenge Period: September 1 – November 30, 2020
Here are some impact highlights from the Agrivision team during the 90-day challenge period:
- Grew from 5 to 30 members
- Negotiated a piece of land to farm
- Grew tomatoes, eggplants, legumes, and manioc
- Provided food for sustenance and improved nutrition, as well as income
- Provided new opportunities for youth
Luwabar said that the challenge helped him so much. Through participation in the weekly trainings and in the portal, he was able to meet with people from around the world and see others doing similar projects at the same time. That made it fun and provided a level of excitement for his team members in DRC, knowing that they were part of an international movement.
Moving forward, the team is planning to build on its momentum and:
- Get more space to farm
- Grow the number of people participating
- Plant more food and grow more food
Want to get involved? Contact the team to participate as a member or partner.
- Email: luwabarkuma (at) gmail.com